So times are very tough right now for my husband and me. Our finances are up in the air and at the mercy of others. Our housing is up in the air and at the mercy of others. It's a tough time. Very. A lot of people will tell you to focus on the positive and have an attitude of gratitude, even through these times. I do that. I recognize that even though things are bad right now, I have more than a lot of people around the world and there are tons of things I'm grateful for. I'm going to list 10 today. These are in the order I thought of them, not necessarily order of importance. 1. My husband: We've been together almost 10 years now and married for almost 7. He's supportive. He understands my medical issues. He understands my stress. He tries his best to take pressure off of me by doing things like washing the dishes and such and asking me if I need anything. 2. My cat Lestat: He's 10 years old. I've had him since he was a baby so he's been with me f...
Owls are interesting creatures. They are nocturnal, which appeals to me as a nocturnal witch, and they are associated with wisdom among other things. (More on that in a bit.) They have made appearances in pop culture and in mythology. I’m going to try to cover as much as I can in this post! Giphy About Owls Owls are birds of prey and nocturnal as I mentioned. They tend to hunt other birds, insects, and smaller mammals like mice and rabbits. They are basically all over the Earth. They are divided into two families called true owls (strigidae) and barn owls (Tytonidae). Giphy One of the most interesting facts about owls in my opinion is that they can rotate their heads as much as 270 degrees. That’s insane to me. Giphy They have a wide range of sizes from the Elf Owl as little as 31g (1oz) and 13.5cm (5in) all the way to the Eurasian eagle-owl and Blakiston’s fish owls that are up to 4.2kg (9.3lbs) and 71cm (28in). Since they hunt mainly at night, they...
M is for Medusa **TW: Sexual assault** Let’s talk about Medusa’s tragic tale in Greek mythology. She is typically portrayed as a villain who needs to be killed lest she turn unsuspecting men into stone. Her backstory makes her a much more sympathetic character in mythology, however. The Greek myths are full of male Gods sexually assaulting women, whether by force or by trickery. Medusa’s story is no different, at least in one version. Like most Greek myth characters, there are multiple versions of her life and death. Medusa is a gorgon. That is true in every myth of her. Gorgons in Greek mythology are a set of three sisters - Medusa, Stheno, and Euryale - with snakes for hair and the power to turn people into stone by a mere look. Let’s get into the versions of myths that describe how she became a gorgon. In some myths, Medusa is born as a monster, like her sisters. Some also state that Medusa is mortal (as evidenced by her death) but her two sisters are immortal. The myt...
Comments
Post a Comment