K is for Kyanite | ABCs of Paganism #YTPaganABC

Hello, loves!

I took a bit of a break from the ABCs of Paganism YouTube Challenge but I’m back! My next letter was K and I’m going to talk about Kyanite. It’s a lovely crystal and I have one kyanite blade in my collection.


Mundane Facts:

Kyanite usually forms in what is called “blades”. These are long striations in the kyanite that give it a texture.

Kyanite comes in blue with white, indigo, black, and green colors most often. I personally have only seen blue with white. The one kyanite blade I have is this color variation as shown below. There are other colors as well, such as white, gray, and pink, though they are more rare. There are of course polished varieties as well. I personally love the texture to raw kyanite and so prefer it in that form.

Kyanite is used in some porcelains, the auto industry, and the railroad industry among others.

Magickal Facts:

Kyanite is a receptive stone. It is a great tool in aiding meditation. It is said that if you sleep with a piece of kyanite under your pillow, it will help you to remember your dreams.

Kyanite is also good for aiding in psychic work.

Some say that kyanite never needs to be cleansed like other crystals. It doesn’t hold on to negative energy. I recommend doing what feels right for you though so if you feel that is the case, then don’t cleanse it. This property makes kyanite be able to cleanse other crystals as it can take the negative energy and transmute it.

As it is a similar color to the throat chakra, it can also assist in communication of all kinds.

Black kyanite is also a grounding stone, as are most black stones.

Closing:

Kyanite is one of my favorite stones. I personally prefer it in blades rather than polished. I use it in meditation sometimes. I also just like to hold it and feel the texture. I use it on my 3rd eye as well.



Sources:

*Dunwich’s Guide to Gemstone Sorcery by Gerina Dunwich
*Cunningham’s Encyclopedia of Crystal, Gem & Metal Magic by Scott Cunningham
*Your On-Line Guide to The Healing Energies, Metaphysical Properties, Legendary Uses, and Meaning of Kyanite - https://www.crystalvaults.com/crystal-encyclopedia/kyanite

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude - 10 Things I'm Thankful For

M is for Medusa | ABCs of Paganism #YTPaganABC

H is for Hera | ABCs of Paganism #YTPaganABC